Wednesday, 18 January 2012

portfolio part 2



 
The following pieces of work which I have uploaded in two different posts are projects all made by myself. The Vibe magazine layouts were inspired by the American style magazine called Vibe however I decided to make my own versions of them and completely reconstructed the style of the layout to a professional standard. Other pieces of work such as the “Phonix logo” and “Musclemania magazine” are projects which I am currently working on in my BTEC Media course at sixthform. Phonix is a brand which I am designing from scratch; this will be based around the music industry whereas Musclemania is a nutritional shake promoted by athletes and wrestlers. The projects which are realated to the band “killerbunnies” is also one which I have completed at sixthform. A type of work which I do enjoy most in graphic design is typography as I feel it is a creative and alternative way to send messages and communicate with people. I enjoy graphic design and have been working with the subject for many years now and wish to further my experience in this area. One of my favourite pieces of work however is the artwork I have made for an album named “bad meets evil” by the artist Eminem. This piece was inspired by the title of the album. I wanted to convey the concept of this title within the artwork so I decided to show two sides of the artist. I used a portrait picture of the artist and split his face into half. On the left side I showed the “bad” part of the title, this was portrayed by various pictures of the artist in a collage merged onto the portrait. On the opposite half I wanted to show the “evil side” and did not change the artists face. The reason for doing this is because I believed that this would be a clever way of showing the title within the artwork.



No comments:

Post a Comment